Customer app features:
- The customer app has a login/authentication feature. Most applications use social media, email, or a phone number to verify their users.
- Orders: This includes the ability to use the app to place an order or manually add orders. Basic information includes addresses (pick-up and drop-off locations), customer information, product details, price, and preferred delivery time (if applicable).
- A matching algorithm. The ability to match the order with the nearest free courier based on location or current route.
- GPS-based order tracking. Any on-demand delivery software should be able to track your product's current location as well as provide ETA location services.
- Price Algorithm: Minimum Price, Base Km, Base fair price, Price/Km, Ride , Time Fair, Waiting price/min, Admin Percentage (Profit), Category - Subcategory.
- Delivery: To reschedule the delivery or contact the driver after the order has been approved, in-app messaging or connection with phone calls is required.
- Payments: Card payments, mobile payment gateway integration (Stripe, Braintree, Paypal), hardware integration (Square), and NFC payments are all possibilities (Apple Pay, etc.).
- Rating and Reviews: The opportunity to rate and comment on the courier.
- Order history: rating, personal information (names and addresses) and payment information are all included in your personal profile.
- Notifications : When an order is on its way or has arrived, you'll receive a push notice. This adds another dimension to the consumer experience and may be an effective engagement strategy.
- Extra: Loyalty and gamification components such as points, discounts, coupons, and invites are offered as extra features.
Delivery App Features:
- Information about your order. The capacity to go over available orders, evaluate an order and the client's information, and accept the ones that are most appropriate.
- The order is being placed. It allows couriers to compete for orders by submitting bids.
- Communication with the customer via in-app messaging.
- The status of the delivery. When a delivery person accepts or rejects an order, picks it up, and delivers it, he might notify the customer.
- For in-app navigation, GPS navigation is used.
- Feedback and ratings Customers, as well as couriers, should be able to evaluate their clients and give feedback on the order for total transparency.
- Personal profile including basic information such as completed orders, earnings, and so on.
- You may also provide couriers the option of accepting gratuities from their customers.
Admin Panel / Sub Panels:
- Customer and courier profiles and databases, as well as approve and manage the profiles of collaborating firms, if appropriate.
- Module for accounting (transactions and payment details).
- Advanced analytics documenting the operations of the customer/courier, orders issued and executed, and so on.
- Manage discounts, deliveries, earnings, price alogithms, and etiquette based on couriers, among other things.
- Customer support / Bulk Notifications module