With the rise in technological advancement, the demand for e-learning apps is increasing continuously. According to the reports of Statista, the global revenue of e-learning platforms is expected to reach over $370 billion by 2026. E-learning applications are easily accessible through high-speed internet and mobile devices and also provide a personalized learning experience to the users. All these make e-learning apps increase the demand for e-learning apps among individuals, institutions, and organizations to enhance the skill of their workforce.
So, are you ready to leverage the growing demand for e-learning apps? Tecorb Technologies is the one-stop destination that helps to develop your idea in a beautiful app. With 8 years of expertise in the app development industry, Tecorb has delivered a large number of e-learning apps. In this blog, we provide a step-by-step guide to building an e-learning app with its features, technology stack, team requirements, etc. Stay with us till the end of this blog to have a better and deep understanding.
Let's get started.
Features of an e-learning app:
An e-learning app should provide a personalized learning experience to the users. Here are some of the advanced features that should be included in an e-learning app:
1. Leaderboards: Leaderboards allow students to see how they are performing compared to their peers, which can be a great motivator for learning.
2. Quizzes & Assessments: Quizzes and assessments can be used to measure student progress and identify areas that need improvement.
3. Document Sharing: Document sharing allows students to share their work with their instructors or peers for feedback and collaboration.
4. Discussion Forums: Discussion forums provide a platform for students to discuss topics and share ideas with their peers.
5. Audio-Video Streaming: Audio and video streaming can be used to provide students with lectures, tutorials, and other learning materials.
6. Push Notifications: Push notifications can be used to remind students of upcoming deadlines, new courses, or other important information.
7. Real-time Analytics: Real-time analytics can be used to track student progress and identify areas where they are struggling.
8. CRM Integration: CRM integration can be used to manage student data and provide personalized support.
9. Role-based Chat Board: Role-based chat boards allow students to communicate with their peers, instructors, or support staff.
10. Multiple Payment Options: Multiple payment options allow students to pay for courses using their preferred payment method.
Features of the Admin Panel:
An admin panel is an essential part of any e-learning app. Here are some of the features that should be included in an admin panel:
1. Manage Users: The ability to manage user accounts, including creating new accounts, updating user information, and deleting accounts.
2. Manage Subjects: The ability to create, manage, and organize courses by subject.
3. Manage Badges: The ability to create and manage badges that students can earn for completing courses or achieving specific goals.
4. Manage Courses/Lesson Plan: The ability to create, manage, and organize course content, including lessons, quizzes, and assessments.
5. Manage Sessions: The ability to manage live sessions, such as webinars or video conferences.
6. View Earnings: The ability to view earnings reports and track revenue generated by the app.
7. Student Information System: The ability to manage student data, including enrollment, progress, and completion.
8. Manage Credits: The ability to manage credits or points that students can use to purchase courses or unlock additional content.
9. Manage Chats: The ability to manage student chats, including monitoring conversations and providing support when needed.
10. Manage Subscription Packages: The ability to create and manage subscription packages, including pricing and features.
11.Manage Content and Various Filters: The ability to manage content and apply various filters to customize the learning experience for different students.
At Tecorb, we recognize the significance of choosing the right tech stack for the development of your e-learning app. By choosing the right technologies and successfully executing them, our team of skilled software engineers and developers has assisted various clients in the ed-tech industry to build successful products.
Here are the key technologies required to build an e-learning app.
- Mobile SDK – Android and ios.
- Database – MongoDB Or Postgres.
- Payment Gateway – Stripes, etc.
- Push Notifications – Twilio, Push.io
- SMS, Voice, and phone verification – Nexmo, Twilio
- Backend: Ruby or Node
- Cloud Environment – AWS
- Mandrill – for everything related to the emails
- Streaming Media System – Helix Universal Server, Nimble Streamer, Wowza streaming engine.
- Video CDN – We will use a Content Delivery Network (CDN) which will distribute our video content across multiple servers, which will help reduce the load on our server and improve streaming performance. Amazon CloudFront.
Team Requirements to Develop an E-Learning App.
Building a successful e-learning app requires a skilled and experienced team. Here are the key members that should be a part of your team:
1. Project Manager/Delivery Manager:
The project manager/delivery manager is responsible for overseeing the entire project, managing timelines, coordinating with the development team, and ensuring the project is delivered on time and within budget.
2. iOS/Android Developers:
iOS and Android developers are responsible for building mobile applications for both operating systems. They should be experienced in mobile development and be able to integrate various technologies and features to provide a seamless user experience.
3. UI/UX Developers:
UI/UX developers are responsible for designing the user interface and user experience of the app. They should be skilled in creating visually appealing and intuitive designs, as well as understanding user behavior and creating an experience that aligns with the user's needs.
Quality analysts are responsible for testing the app to ensure that it meets the requirements and is free from bugs and glitches. They should be skilled in using testing tools and be able to identify and fix issues before the app is launched.
A Step-by-Step Guide to Building an E-Learning App with Tecorb:
1. Define the goal and purpose of your e-learning app.
Define the purpose of the app, and identify your target audience and the challenges that you want to take. Make unique strategies to achieve the desired goals.
2.Research the Market
After identifying the goals and target audience, the next step is researching the market. Identify market gaps by analyzing what your competitors are doing, and what features they are offering in their e-learning apps. It helps to determine how to make your app stand ahead of the competitors.
3. Choose right platform
Now choose the right platform for your app's success. You can develop a native app for Android or iOS, or you can go with cross-platform app development for multiple platforms.
4. Create a Detailed Specification Document
Create a detailed specification document of what your e-learning app will do, how it will look like, and how it will work. This documentation will create a roadmap for your tech partner and ensures that everyone is on the same page.
5. Develop the MVP
After documentation, start developing the MVP(Minimum Viable Product) of your app. MVP is a simplified version of your app that you can test in the market and get user feedback.
6. Launch and release the app in the market
Release your app in the market and get user feedback to enhance your e-learning app by adding new features regularly.
How Tecorb benefits you in e-learning app development?
1.You get a unique product that takes into account the specifics of the business and the features of the educational program.
2. We work with the latest technology, so your app will be fast and modern.
3.Before starting the development, we prepare detailed technical documentation to ensure that the result exactly meets your expectations.
4. Terms of cooperation, prices, terms, and warranties are recorded in the official contract.
5. After the launch, we provide support and customer services.
6. With AI/ML, we can provide personalized learning paths, recommendation models, adaptive assessments, NLP, sentiment analysis, and predictive analytics. These features can enhance the learning experience and provide students with personalized support.
The first step in building an e-learning app is to create a minimum viable product (MVP) that demonstrates key functionalities. User accounts, a course catalog, course delivery, progress monitoring, and payment connections should all be included in the MVP. You can use it to test the market and see how users react to the app.
As the app develops and evolves, advanced features like gamification components, personalized learning routes, interactive quizzes, live streaming and webinars, virtual reality, and collaboration tools can be added to it. As a result, the app will become a thorough learning platform that benefits the intended user base. Subscription-based business models, premium content, corporate training, advertising, and affiliate marketing are all potential sources of income for e-learning applications. Your idea for e-learning software can come to life with the support of Procoders' dependable and knowledgeable crew.